Posted on June 1, 2012
Life During Wartime
Okay, so upon returning to Sandpoint you find that the military/economic brinksmanship between Magnimar and Korvosa is continuing in the east and the Korvosan naval blockade is having a toll on the Magnimar economy. This causes several changes in the way you can shop in Magnimar.
- You cannot get coin back. They need that coin desperately. You cannot cash in your haul. You’ll have to either hold on to unsold stuff or exchange it for items in kind. You can give all the stuff to a bank (the temple of Abadar) and they’ll give you credit that you can exchange if you want to. The point is, you cannot walk away from shopping with more actual currency (or metals/gems) than you are bringing to the city.
- The captive market means there is a higher number of magic items available in the Bazaar of Sails, not only can you find any magic item of less than 8000gp value after a week of searching, but the number of decent magic items is higher than normal. (See below). Edit: The Caster Level of any magic item found this way cannot be higher than 14 and the spell level can’t be higher than 7, (see 4).
- Word of your considerable achievement in defeating the Stone Giant army has been verified and your fame has spread. The citizens of Magnimar believe you prevented a second front opening up that would have made their situation more perilous. This doesn’t change the prices of items (for every grateful merchant, there is one who realizes you must be crazy rich) but does lift the restriction on enhancement bonuses as the artisans and mages of the city finally realise how awesome you are. You can now have weapons and armour made with an overall enhancement bonus greater than +2. It will take a week to get that done, those weeks are not cumulative. Edit: Due to the point below however (see 4) the highest caster level is 14, so they cannot put +5 enhancements on weapons or armour. +4 is as high as that can go.
- You have access to 7th level spellcasting from Magnimar’s assembled eggheads. Cost = Spell Level (Max 7)x Caster Level (Max 15) x 10gp
Here is the list of stuff you came away from Runeforge with, although if anyone wants any of these things, pipe up ASAP, because it will effect how much you have to spend.
- Breastplate +1 x3 4050gp
- Mithril Chain Shirt +1 x2 4500gp
- Mithril Chain Shirt +2 x15 78750gp
- Breastplate +2 x7 30450gp
- Full Plate +1 2650gp
- MW Fullplate 1650gp
- Heavy Wood Shield +1 x2 1157gp
- Ring of Protection +1 x6 12000gp
- Ring of Protection +2 x5 40000gp
- Amulet of Health +2 x4 16000gp
- Headband of Intellect +2 4000gp
- Cloak of Resistance +1 1000gp
- Greatsword +1 x14 32900gp
- Greataxe +1 x6 13920gp
- Battleaxe +1 x2 4620gp
- MW Shortbow x2 660gp
- Adamantine Warhammer +1 5312gp
- Holy Water x5 125gp
- Copper Coins 395gp
- Silver Coins 941gp
- Gold Coins 3500gp
- Platinum Coins 2500gp
- Grand Total: 261080 gp
I don’t know how you want to split that, but 8 ways is 32,635gp each.
- 2x Greatsword +1, 2x Longsword +1, 2x Glowing Ranseur +1 for Halvard’s Militia.
- 500gp of Diamond Dust, which I can only assume Stoneskin casters will want.
- 14 CLW potions, 2 CMW potions, 3 CSW because you’ll need them but you’ll also need to divide them up amongst yourselves.
Magic Items available in Magnimar and Sandpoint*:
- Lyre of Building 13,000 gp
- Wand of Haste (caster level 5), with 39 charges 8,775 gp Kerplak got it.
- Enlarge Metamagic Rod 11,000 gp
- Lion’s Shield 9,170 gp
- +2 Dwarven waraxe, conductive [APG], sheds light 18,330 gp
- +3 Dwarven waraxe, sheds light 18,330 gp
- Moon Circlet [APG] 20,000 gp
- Amulet of Magecraft [APG] 20,000 gp
- Ring of Invisibility 20,000 gp Kerplak got it.
- Iron Bands of Binding 26,000 gp
- +3 Longbow, sheds light 18,375 gp
- Staff of Slumber [APG], with 10 charges 34,050 gp
- Scarab of Protection 38,000 gp
- Mantle of Faith 76,000 gp
- +4 Studded Leather Armour 16,175 gp
- Staff of Frost, with 10 charges 41,400 gp
- *Cloak of Resistance +3 9000gp
- *Boots of Speed 12000gp Halvard got these.
- *Rod of the Viper 19000gp
- *Greater Bracers of Archery 25000gp
If I can help with anything, let me know. We’ll probably do a bit of shopping before the next game, but not much. Shop on the internet, adventure impatiently awaits on the tabletop. No time for dancing, or lovey dovey, I ain’t got time for that now.